Would you like to join the Moth Migration Project and be included in exhibitions? You do not need to be an artist. Individuals and groups are encouraged to apply. Everyone from any part of the world is welcome.
Please read and follow the details below.
The 2019 Exhibitions will be at Gympie Regional Gallery, Gympie, Australia followed by Bundaberg Regional Gallery, Bundaberg, in Australia.
Both exhibitions open May 3, 2019 and close June 23, 2019
Arrive by April 15, 2019 –All moths shipped in Australia may go to Joolie Gibbs, Gympie Regional Council, 242 Mary Street (PO Box 155) Gympie Qld 4570. (Moths will be divided between Gympie and Bundaberg exhibitions)
Now Closed! March 1, 2019 – Ship by date for moths to Professor Hilary Lorenz, Long Island University, Department of Visual Arts,1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Color: black, white or grey paper and or/ink (off-white, cream or light tan is fine) – No color
- Size: No larger than 10″ (26 cm)and no smaller than 1″ (2.5cm).
- Paper weight can be variable, from about 30g/m to 270g/m.
- Matte paper only please – No Glossy Paper – No “printer paper.”
- Species: Please consider researching and making your regional moth.
- Mediums: Cut paper, linocut, lithography, etching, laser cut, silkscreen, letterpress, drawing, watercolor, paint; Please no photograph no digital prints, no computer printouts, no origami
- When in doubt keep image plain and simple
- Make at least 5 of the same moth for visual grouping; you may make as many moths as you like.
- Print name, city or town, state or province, country on the back of each moth if possible.
- Register at Moth Migration Form: https://goo.gl/forms/PKZSiinnwNcS53ug2
- Documentation: All artists locations will be documented at MothMigrationProject.Net.
- Important: Moth shape must be cut out of paper. Please do not send moth with any background image or paper — just the outside contour as seen in the top image.
- Share your photos progress and completed moth photos on our FB group page, Moth Migration Project
Fine Print: All moths will become part of the MMP archive and used in future exhibitions. Each exhibition is documented, with photos available from my website. Your contribution will also be noted on my website and your name listed at each exhibit. There are no fees and no exchange of money involved. Your moths are carefully cataloged, put into a database, stamped with an ID and put into an individual envelope. The archive is available for multiple traveling multiple exhibitions. Due to the volume of contributors, I am unable to return the moths.
If you have any problems, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org