Would you like to join the Moth Migration Project and be included in exhibitions? Individuals and groups are encouraged to apply. Everyone from any part of the world is welcome.
Please read and follow the instructions below.
The next exhibition of the Moth Migration Project opens August 29, 2019 at Oak Hill Gallery, 100 Mornington-Tyabb Rd, Mornington VIC 3931, Australia.
Arrive by August 10, 2019 –All moths for the Oak Hill Gallery exhibition may be shipped to: Yvonne Watson, Gallery Director Oak Hill Gallery, 100 Mornington-Tyabb Rd, Mornington VIC 3931, Australia.
DETAILS – follow carefully or your moths will not be included
- No Color: black, white or grey paper and or/ink (off-white, cream or light tan is fine) – No color
- Size: No larger than 10″ (26 cm)and no smaller than 1″ (2.5cm).
- Paper weight can be variable, from about 30g/m to 270g/m.
- Matte paper only please – No Glossy Paper – No “computer paper” only use good quality preferably archival paper.
- Species: Please consider researching and making your regional moth.
- Mediums: Cut paper, linocut, lithography, etching, laser cut, silkscreen, letterpress, drawing, watercolor, paint; Please no photograph no digital prints, no computer printouts, no origami
- When in doubt keep image plain and simple
- Make at least 5 identical moths for visual grouping; you may make as many moths as you like, but you must have an edition of at least 5.
- Print name, city or town, state or province, country on the back of each moth
- Register at Moth Migration Form: Click on this link to Join
- Documentation: All artists locations will be documented at MothMigrationProject.Net
- Important: Moth shape must be cut out of paper. Please do not send moth with any background image or paper — just the outside contour as seen in the top image.
- Share your photos progress and completed moth photos on our FB group page, Moth Migration Project
Fine Print: All moths will become part of the MMP archive and used in future exhibitions. Each exhibition is documented, with photos available from my website. Your contribution will also be noted on my website and your name listed at each exhibit. There are no fees and no exchange of money involved. Your moths are carefully cataloged, put into a database, stamped with an ID and put into an individual envelope. The archive is available for multiple traveling multiple exhibitions. Due to the volume of contributors, I am unable to return the moths.
If you have any problems, please email me at email@example.com