Do I have to be an artist?
NO! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join.
This sounds cool, and I want to be a part of it. What do I do?
You will make a least five identical moths out of high-quality art paper. I encourage you to make moths specific to your region, though it is not required. See details below
- Color: black, white, or grey paper and or/ink (off-white, cream, or light tan is fine) – NO COLOR
- Size: No larger than 8″ (20 cm) and no smaller than 1″ (2.5cm).
- The paperweight can be variable, from about 30g/m to 300g/m.
- Matte paper please – No Glossy Paper – No “printer or computer paper.”
- Species: Please consider researching and making your regional moth.
- Mediums: Cut paper, linocut, lithography, etching, laser-cut, silkscreen, letterpress, drawing, watercolor, paint; Please no photograph, no digital prints, no computer printouts, no origami
- When in doubt, keep the image plain and simple.
- Please make at least 5 of the same moth for visual grouping; you may make as many moths as you like.
- Would you kindly print the name, city or town, state or province, the country on the back of each moth?
- Click this link to fill out the Moth Migration Form: https://goo.gl/forms/PKZSiinnwNcS53ug2 (you can do this as a group or individual, but not both)
At registration, a confirmation with the mailing address will be emailed to you.
- Documentation: All artist’s locations will be documented at MothMigrationProject.Net.
- Important: Moth shape must be cut out of paper. Would you please not send moth with any background image or paper—just the outside contour?
- Please share your photos progress and completed moth photos on our FB group page, Moth Migration Project or hashtag on Instagram #mothmigrationproject
- Lastly, please share your images and process on Instagram or Twitter, with the hashtag #mothmigrationproject
And if you have any further questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org